Monday, November 9, 2009

An old temple at Kampar

I went to Kampar the other day, although was not my first time, still i discovered new things about the old town.

My friend, who is from Kuala Kangsar, brought us to visit this old temple. Even though I am Christian, but i was quite enthralled by the building.

The temple was quite old, and they have this special "decorations" and incense coils, remind me of the ancient chinese shows. hhaa...


the temple, at the entrance...it's the Kampar Ancient Temple ( written on top there)


the incense coils...

one of the "dui lians"(some words or poem) in front of the temple...

Kampar is a beaitful old town ya? haha....LOL.

10 comments:

John E said...

haha.. I also visited a temple recently..

BooNMiNG said...

yea loo.. long time no see ler.. how are you?

me was having a competition and busy school time.. tats why disappear for long time.. hahaha...

CH Voon said...

where is the kampar exact location?

Unknown said...

There are a lot of majestic arheitecture marvels i guess in many places in Malaysia, and i am proud to say that Penang can boast that she has one of the best,come i will show you around..

Can I add you to my blogroll?

Gabriel said...

John: hehe...what temple? u got show in ur blog?

BoonMing: oo, so busy ah you. haha...all the best ler. I am good here, having exams already now. :)

CHVoon: you mean the location of kampar? it's between Ipoh and Lumut. dunno how to tell u though, maybe can googlemap about it? :)

Eugene: sure! link me up! haha...sure, find one day will go penang again. hehe....mebe go with Aunty Claire? hehe....

TZ said...

hmmm... I gotta go next time when i'm on my way to Penang :p

Reanaclaire said...

kampar as far as i know is famous for loe shu fun and clay pot chicken rice.. :)

Ken Wooi said...

nice shots..
i've never been to kampar before.. eventho it's like so near from ipoh.. =P

kenwooi.com

life ramblings said...

Kampar sure looks like a beautiful place to visit. great shots of the temple.

Gabriel said...

TZ:haha...if you have the time, can stop by to try the local delicacies.

Aunty Claire: oo, that one i din try. maybe next time then go find. :)

kenwooi: haha...well, maybe u can go with ur friends during the holidays. you found any job already?

life rumblings: hehe, thanks! yea, it's quite an old town. quite nice...