Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Taking photos

Since young, I have been very interested in taking photos. During younger days, we were still using film cameras and every time we needed to buy films in order to take photos for occasions and after that need to process the films in order to get the photos in hardcopies form. There weren’t any digital cameras back then. So, I still remember I always get scolded every time I come back from trips as when my mother brought the films to the shops to process, the photos were mostly sceneries or objects without human beings inside. She said I always wasted her films for taking pictures of sceneries rather than pictures of myself!

But that did not stop my passion in photography. And I got serious in photography early of this year when I first purchased my first Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR). There’s no ultimate rule or formulae in taking photos, but there are certain techniques that can be learned to help a person to become a better or professional photographer.

One of the techniques is to choose the focus on the subject for your photo. When you take your photos, it is important to choose the right focus so that there won’t be other focus or subject that will distract your main subject in your picture. Thus, this will link to another technique which is to position you subject so that the subject can stand up among the crowd and so on. The way you arrange your objects in your photo can affect the way people feel about your photos especially when your subject is among a group of objects.

Besides all these, there are several other techniques to be discussed, including the lighting and also the modes of your camera. Maybe shall discuss about it in the future.

2 comments:

Ayie said...

I love camera so I love snapping photos! I'm too lazy to learn and really know the pro way though.

Gabriel said...

foongpc: lol, i am learning as well! we can discuss and learn from one another! :)

Ayie: hehe..well, always can share some tips with us anyway so taht we can learn. hehe..