Friday, December 18, 2009

A great dinner with relatives

My eldest uncle came back from Singapore with family the other day, he was planning to go KK, thus dropping by Miri to visit us.

and so coincidentally, I am back in Miri, so was able to have dinner with them and other relatives. I would say we had a great feast, although not very a lot of food, the food was tasty and filling enough! :)

the "miling", so far only saw in sarawak. :D

my family called it the "money" vege, dunno why, maybe the leaves look like money..haha...

then my second uncle set up this to bbq some chicken wings, sausages and lamp chop! :D

can u feel the heat? :D A fire argues?

"ouch! hot!" :P

my uncle, cooking...:D he is a great cook, but he only cook during big occasions. hmm...hehe...

tala..."money" vege with egg...one of my favourite food of the day. :D


the bbq-ed chicken wings and lamp chop, the sausages dunno where ad...LOL.

the "four corner" vege? i dunno the english name, anyone can enlighten me? haha...

the delicious "miling" vege...only found in sarawak, i think so...never see them in west malaysia though...:D

after meal, we have durians feast too! seriously feast, wanna see how much we ate?

one big pail...seriously...it was full before i remembered to snap a pic of it...:)

and still more left at the backyard! so i brought them back to my home to be savoured later on. :D

so full....tell me, how to slim down at home? :P

15 comments:

废而乐团 said...

wah, look like very delicious dinner lei... especially 'miling', miss it so much...

Jim said...

your house dem big lah wei! got big pots and all. lol.

To Glorify Him said...

Perfetto! Thats so nice..great food, nt just meat but with vege, saw tht vege b4..and also durians!!!

eastcoastlife said...

I have read about the miling vegetable in other blog posts. I'm curious and would like to try it.

Still got durians!! aiyoh.... *drools*

wenn said...

love the vegetables..

Joanne said...

ya finally finish the race d.hehe.nice pics la.especially the miling.1 of my fav too..hehe.me going ns this jan.kenak 1st batch.its in kch.so wont be going back bintulu till march.:(

Gabriel said...

Ong: hehe...wan me to bring some back later? :D

Jim: not my house ler, it's my uncle's house. haha...the dog house also quite big. :)

Aaron:haha...the durians attract you more huh? hahaa...

EastCoastLife:haha...sure! if you got the chance, must try out. it's very nice! hehe..

wenn: yea, my favourite too. they just taste nice. haha...

Joanne: wow...cool ler, I was in the NS as well. all the best and enjoy yourself there! it's gonna be great! hehe...

Reanaclaire said...

wah.. makes me drool over the food, Gab.. i love and miss the money chai la.. so long never took that..
u deserve the good yummy food, Gab.. after so long being tortured in Uni.. hahhaa...

CH Voon said...

hungry after see the photos - i think all people will comment it!

everything look nice! but i like the most is the durian... wah... quite a long time never put the durian's fruit into my mouth .... wooo...

conan_cat said...

wah, ur uncle really can cook lor!! my family all the cooking done by the ladies... well my dad helps at times too, but usually my aunties they cook, my uncles dunno how to cook.

so i dunno how to cook oso :P

Anonymous said...

A great durian dessert to end the meal? The miling veggie is something new. The textures reminded me of seaweed. Is the taste like seaweed?

Florence said...

really didnt c b4 the what "miling" vege...haha..taste good?...wow so many durian~yummy yummY~i wan it too !!! haha..rmb drink a lot water aft havin ur bbq and durians~

Gabriel said...

Aunty Claire: haha...not tortured in Uni ler...we always go out eat also. hehe...but home cook food nicer ma. hehe..

Ch Voon: yea man, i think u r a durian lover as well huh? haha...now no more durians already...the season over already...sad...

Conan cat:haha...yea, my uncle he likes to cook, he learned in the cooking classes before though..ehhe...anyway, u can learn anytime also...hehe...

Mei Teng:hmm...not really like seaweed, a bit different. don't really know how to describe, maybe the best is bring u to taste it? hehe...

Florence: Hi!thanks for coming. yea, it's something that can be found in east malaysia here. haha...yeap, sure, thanks for the reminder. :)

melissa said...

the vege is called "four angle beans" eh..that's what my mom calls it la. haha...love that vege man.

Anonymous said...

[b]NationalClicks.com-Free Adult, Sexy Videos, Pictures, Games.[/b]

[b]**NOTE:[/b] We are your ONLY Free Softcore Adult Playground with over 20 Free Social Communities built towards your favorite fantasy.

You don't have a favorite fantasy? You should.

Maybe its Hot Teachers, Hot Mom's, Hot Wives, Lingerie, Daisy Dukes, Nip Slips, Sexy Legs, Booty or Panties.

Don't worry, we have you covered.

With over 20 Free Hot Social Communities to upload Pictures, Videos and Blogs we are sure to have what you want.


[b]Check it out, have some fun, interact and enjoy all the free stuff.
[/b]