Thursday, December 24, 2009

Special Home cook food

hehe....here i am again, talking about food, home cook food! :)

This time around, my mom prepared a special dish, I am not sure if it's a special dish that she created herself or she got the recipe from someone else (maybe my grandma or others) cause she never wants to tell me. All she said was "eat la, ask so much for wat ler? :) ". haha...well, it's ok, I always like to eat anyway! hehe...

we shall name the food "the white gourd chicken soup". sounds normal eh? ok then....let u see the pictures.

tala! I am not sure if you have seen something like this or not, but is quite special for me. haha...

the chicken meat and the ingredients are put inside the white gourd then are steamed until they are cooked.

these are the chicken meat after being taken out...quite tasty, very nice! got the white gourd smell...hehe...

another view...:)

the soup! i like it very much. but normally quite little portion. huhu...cause can't put too much water inside the gourd as it might affect the taste of the soup. :)


hehe....fascinating? Is anyone feeling hungry? :D hehe....


10 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

waaaalauuuu...gab...next time do this for me! huh...haha

Ah Ngao said...

this is great and quite unique to me.this dish is sure to "buang panas".your granny must be from China to serve so good and potent dish.

Jesse said...

Ho mia (good life) lo you. So many nice good homecook food when u get back home. Haha.

wenn said...

looks yummy.

suituapui said...

Nice! Healthy food! What did you have for Christmas? I had some turkey that came all the way from Miri! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Have never tasted soup cooked in gourd before. But I like chicken herbal soup.

Gabriel said...

Aunty Claire: hehe...sure...let me ask my mom for recipe first. hehe...

Ah Ngao: yeap, it's cooling, and taste nice too!

Jesse:haha, yea, wanna try some? hehe...

Wenn: indeed, very special and nice taste too! :D

STP:LOL!!! I celebrated Christmas in church, plenty of good food! no time to snap pics too! lol...why from Miri? i din know Miri is famous for turkey though. lol...

Mei Teng:you can try, maybe i can get the recipe for you if u r interested. :)

Ayie said...

looks like a great dish!

Ayie said...

belated merry xmas to you!!

http://jifphotojournal.blogspot.com/

foongpc said...

This looks interesting! Would love to taste it! : )