Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Salmon

I always have a thing for salmon, as in cooked salmon rather than the raw ones. Whenever I am in a restaurant, I always tend to order the grilled or baked salmon. But then, i always try to control as they are quite pricey as well!

Recently i went to taste the salmon in Chili's and IKEA's food court.

Chili's Grilled Salmon with Garlic and Herbs, cost RM 37.95

Chili's SMOKEHSE (I think is smoked something something, LOL) Salmon RM37.95

IKEA's Herb Baked Salmon RM 16.70

Frankly speaking, I think I prefer the Chili's SMOKEHSE ( that's from the receipt, I really forgot the full name...). i think it came with more taste, maybe was because of the sauce. hehe...

others, erm...the grilled salmon was ok, good texture and quite big portion although not as thick as the SMOKEHSE salmon. :) IKEA's Herb Baked salmon was so so, but it's cheap though. :) hehe...and you can actually buy back the raw salmon at the store downstairs and cook them yourselves at your own likings. cool huh?

So, next time when you are bringing me out, you know what to order for me huh? :P

6 comments:

To Glorify Him said...

oh salmon!!! need to take a break from that after a salmon buffet

suituapui said...

My daughter loves salmon. Eats a lot of that in Wellington - cheap, especially when got special offers. I told her to eat to her heart's content there - can't afford that too often when she comes back here.

Gabriel said...

Aaron: yeala, geng la. don't show off please. haha...

STP:yeap, but too much of salmon also not that healthy i think. :)

Johnny Ong said...

grill salmon, if not done with care or proper monitoring, will surely kill its taste

and most of the time, restauranteur tend to do badly on grill salmon

Anonymous said...

I love salmon. But only when it's served raw and sashimi style.

Gabriel said...

Johnny Ong: i see...i have never cooked salmon before though, but am sure is a great skill to learn. :)

Mei Teng: haha...i am ok with that though, just that prefer grilled or baked salmon. :) hehe...