Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ipoh Day Trip

During the Christmas weekend, I decided at the very last minute to go to Ipoh for a spontaneous day trip. I think mostly was because I missed the Ipoh food! hehe...

So, took a morning train at 925am with the cost of RM22 (economy was RM12, but sold out) from KL central station.

my bag and the railways. lol.

after 3 hours, I reached at around 1230pm at the Ipoh train station. While waiting for Aaron to pick me up, I decided to take a walk around the town while looking for my lunch. hehe...I think I know a good place nearby!

yeap, I was looking for the tall flat! (I think is the tallest in Ipoh?) :P

why the flat? That's because there are good restaurants besides the flat! hehe...easy for me to remember. :)

I went to Nam Heong, the genuine original Ipoh Old Town white coffee shop. haha...

The original Ipoh Old Town White Coffee! tasted more or less the same, I have to admit I am not a big fan of coffee. :)

they have plenty of food choices there though, but in the end due to sudden cravings I settled for this one, the prawn mee hun. :) taste good! but portion a bit little, barely scratch my belly. LOL.

Owh, while walking around the town, I took some pictures of the town. Shall post them up in the next post. Well, I am actually missing the Ipoh food again now, hope to go again soon! :) Ohya, then I came back on the 6pm train, cost me RM12. So the return trip was RM34, cheaper than bus huh? :P

13 comments:

wenn said...

wow..all in a day!

Clint said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing! God bless.

[SK] said...

haha, yeah!! with the new train to ipoh, i've actually have this plan to do a day "makan" trip to ipoh too.. :p

Olga said...

The food looks very tempting. Unfortunately I live so far away:(
Happy Holidays!

Gabriel said...

Wenn: haha...yea! it's quite nice.

Clint: thank you! God bless you too.

SK: yeap, want to join me sometimes? hehe...let's organize a bloggers makan trip to Ipoh! hehe..

Olga: haha..I am sure you can find some chinese food over there? :)

TZ said...

SK, let's plan a trip to Ipoh one of the weekend next year.

RaD said...

Food is always a good reason to travel :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Gabriel said...

TZ: remember to include me! :)

Rad: yeap! always the best reason. hehe..thanks for coming as well. do stop by from time to time. :) God bless!

Judy said...

Hi Gabriel,

Nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Always like to meet new people and get to know them through their blogs. Interesting photos in Ipoh. Thanks for sharing as well. Happy New Year to you.

Blessings,
Judy

Gabriel said...

Thanks Judy,happy new year too!keep posting!

Anonymous said...

I went for a day trip to Ipoh in 2009. It was just for sightseeing and eating. Was fun.

Happy New Year! :)

foongpc said...

I am not a big fan of coffee too, but I do drink it to stop myself from falling asleep! Haha!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! : )

Gabriel said...

haha...happy New year to all! :)