Monday, November 1, 2010

Ink Cartridges

When I first entered the university, a lot of seniors told me that it was not necessary to get a personal printer as the university provided the laser printers for the students to use. We only needed to bring our own paper and the printer was ready to print for us.

However, the problem was, there were too many students and too little printers available. So, everytime the printing time would end up requiring more than an hour just to wait for the turn to print few pages of lecture notes. The time was not worth the effort.

So, during the first year of my studies, I bought a personal printer. Even though it was just any normal bubble jet printer, it was sufficient for me. However, another problem arose when I needed to change the cartridges or refill the ink of the cartridges. I remembered I spent hundreds of dollars just for cartridges alone while the printer itself cost less. Therefore, I always tried not to print too much but relied on the softcopies a lot. However, that took a toll on my eyes and my prescription increased tremendously.

Then, the good news came where one day, my friends and I went to the Digital Mall nearby in Kuala Lumpur, we discovered the new innovation by the printer brand called “Brother”. The innovation not only helped the consumer to save ink for every printing, they also made the refilling process easier as the cartridge sort of drained the ink from the container outside the printer. So everytime, the consumer just needed to refill the containers outside the printer without needing to open up the printer and take out the cartridges. Therefore, these brother printer ink cartridges really intrigued me. Most of all, the cartridges can be customized for different brands of printers, which made life so much easier!

That was totally the good news of the year for me. How about you?

No comments: