Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year 2010!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Wish you and your family a blessed and prosperous year ahead! Hope that everyone will enjoy and strive for the year of tiger! :D

This year's celebration was a bit special for me as I went back to Marudi then Lubok Nibong to celebrate the New Year with my grandfather and some relatives. Just in case if you all don't know, Lubok Nibong is a suburban area of the Baram district, the place by the Baram river, the place where I grew up. hehe...

My grandfather cooked well, and he prepared mostly all the dishes for the reunion dinner. :)

steamed fish. :) (anyone knows the name of the fish in English? I only know is Bai Mu in mandarin...LOL)

chicken with corns and mushrooms.

fried boiled egg with minced meat.

this is my favourite, fried pork cooked with pineapples. sweet and sour...yummy....

all the dishes for the night...super a lot right? just for 7 of us. huhu....we are all big eaters. >.<

hehe...Happy New Year 2010! I am sure you all had a great reunion dinner too right? :D

Gong Xi Gong Xi!


4 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wah...your grandfather is such a good chef! i never tasted most of the dishes before la.. can try next time we go to miri? :)

wenn said...

so much to eat! yummy! happy CNY!

Janice ♥ said...

happy chinese new year! no wonder u went back for celebration coz i din see u online for the past few days

Anonymous said...

Happy CNY to you and family!

Nothing beats the novelty of home-cooked dishes.