Monday, February 1, 2010

Birthday Celebration Reflection

I was chit-chatting with a friend the other day, then suddenly we talked about birthday celebrations.

While chatting, there was this thought that crossed my mind. A lot of times we thought that birthdays are big days for people, or for ourselves. Then we always wish to have people to celebrate and spend time with us, hoping people to remember our "big days".

But then, i just suddenly think that, during our birthdays, shouldn't we be thinking about our mothers that gave birth to us during our birthdays years ago? Shouldn't we be celebrating with our mothers because she gave us life years ago after bearing us for 9 months or 7 months in her womb?

In a way, i think our birthdays are not so much about ourselves but more about someone that contributed so much in our lives that we often ignore? :) just a thought to share. hehe...

5 comments:

To Glorify Him said...

Yea man..its very true..Its our mum's day and should share the celebration as well..

Reanaclaire said...

ahem....ahem...
Oh, i should be thinking of my own mother too...

foongpc said...

I think you are quite right there! Anyway, I hardly celebrate my own birthday. Normally friends will remind me about it! : )

Gabriel said...

Aaron:hehe...

Aunty Claire: haha...let aaron think of you then. :)

foongpc:ahhaa...yea...me too sometimes. :)

CH Voon said...

Yupe I agree with u.
Let me guess… your birthday is coming soon?