Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011 and New Year 2012!

It's raining heavily out there now, and the floor is swaying. Wait, what do I mean by swaying? Yes, I am on a rig again, during this holiday season. The wave is around 2m high and the wind has reached 30 knot while I am here.

So it has been a quiet Christmas for me this year, and I am expecting the "peaceful" New Year 2012 on the rig as well. I am not the only one, there were around 100 others who are having the same fate as me. It is the first time for me and it is definitely a special experience for me.

Surrounded by seawater, and the nearest structure to us is hundreds of miles away. Nothing can be seen except water and the sky around us. The operation is 24 hours continuous, a minute loss is thousands of dollars lost. No one is to lose focus even during this season of joy.

We had small celebrations on the rig. They organized raffles on the rig and the session was divided into two to accommodate the two shifts workers. My colleague won an Ipad and another one won an Ipod, I regretted for not buying the tickets. But then, I never win any prizes during any lucky draws or raffles, so maybe it was a wise decision for not wasting the money. LOL.....

Our team was excited and joyous over our teammates' "harvest" for a while, then we were back to work again. Everyone was happy, but at the same time missing home, especially the three of my colleagues that have kids at home and all of them are from Canada or the States, where the Christmas celebration is highly prioritized.

Nevertheless, work is still work and since they can show high level of dedication, I should be as well. Even though I didn't get to celebrate the season with my friends and family, but I thank God for the day He sent His son to give us the ultimate hope! Let us not forget the real reason behind all the celebrations!

Before I sign off for today, let me sincerely wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2012! Time to get back to work! :D

4 comments:

wenn said...

Happy New Year!

To Glorify Him said...

wow, quite touch bro! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! There is ultimate hope behind all these...

eddie law said...

take good care and Happy New Year

Gabriel said...

Thanks everyone! Happy New Year!