Friday, November 4, 2011

Houston Downtown

I know this is a very very late and procrastinated post, but I think it is a good step to keep my promises in posting up the pictures. hehe....

These were taken during my last trip to Houston, Texas early this year. 

upon arriving Houston, big city eh?

one of the shops. Taken from a bus to Downtown.

a house, next to the main road!

A baseball stadium, called the Minute Maid Park. 

city centre. >.<

Pavilion

Yeap, train in the city centre. You can use the train to go to any part of the city centre instead of bus/cab/car.

One of the train stations.

the railway...just in the middle of the city. haha...

the ticketing machine, kinda simple eh? but not many people are using though...

Houston Pavilion. Smaller compared to KL? :D

Finally caught the train. Notice the guy sitting on the bench, it's that near to the pedestrian walkway. haha...

Owh, a church next to the railway in the middle of the city. I wonder how the cars drive inside?

Yeap, a cross junction for the train and the cars. haha...we don't find that in Malaysia eh?

the concrete jungle. 

Took this pic when I was lost in the city trying to find the bus back to my hotel. hahaa...

The small cathedral...

One thing very interesting though, when I told my colleagues in Houston that I took a bus down to Downtown the other day, they were shocked that I did that. One of them even expressed that he would drive me around rather than having me taking the bus in the city. I guess people don't take bus that often there? 

Nevertheless, it was a great adventure taking a bus alone to the city in a new city. hehe...

No comments: