Friday, February 18, 2011

Seeds

During one of the days that I was attached to Batam’s base for equipment training, I was invited over to the base supervisor’s house for weekend dinner gathering. He was an American and it was kind of my first time attending a dinner gathering like that. Of course, I was excited and looking forward to going to the dinner with my other colleagues.

When I arrived at his house that night, I was taken aback by his ability to decorate his house and most of all, his passion for planting. His knowledge of plants was substantial and he basically knew everything about the green creatures. Besides he had the gift of describing things in an interesting way which had caught everyone’s interest. So the dinner turned into a big discussion about plants.

At first we were asking about the tropical plants, the house plants that we could plant in our homes. We talked about the types of plants available, necessities for the plants to grow effectively, the soil types and so on. It was really interesting and I did not know planting could be such a cool hobby until the night.

After a while, someone jokingly asked about the cannabis seeds and marijuana seeds. Surprisingly, the host knew about the plants as well! He even knew how to plant them and it was no easy task. All the while my impression about cannabis was it was a drug that could cost harm. Little do I know that cannabis seed was used for medicinal purposes as well since long time ago. I suppose, everything when used in extreme context, they are going to be harmful in anyway. It is just like drinking not enough water can be unhealthy, but drinking too much of water at once could be lethal as well.

1 comment:

Clint said...

Sounds like an interesting evening. Reminds me of an old adage: "Moderation in all things---even moderation."