Wednesday, February 2, 2011

CNY on Floating Rig

It's the first day of Chinese New Year and I am here on a floating rig (Semi Submersible), floating and swaying.

an example of semi submersible. picture taken from here

But it was kinda cool though, new experience and more things for me to learn. The food here is great, lamb chops, fish and chips, chicken chops and so on everyday. I am so going to gain some weight! and the crew here are so funny and friendly, so far are enjoying myself. LOL.

Nevertheless, hope the operation can be over fast and I want to go home! :)

Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year! :)

5 comments:

suituapui said...

Oh? I thought you went home to Miri? Happy Chinese New Year to you, anyway and wishing you a wonderful Year of the Rabbit.

Clint said...

That is soooo cool! I'm jealous! Happy Chinese New Year! Best wishes from frigid Texas!

CH Voon said...

hahaha i have the same experience with you last 2004 too.

Work on the oil platform at the St Joseph platform near to the Labuan too.

anyhow, i gain my weight over there too. 6 meals per day.

I Wish you - Happy rabbit year!

Anonymous said...

You're away from home for CNY? Working already?

Gabriel said...

STP:yea, went back and got call from company to go offshore. so here i am! :)

Clint:hahha...so cool? i am swaying 24/7, can't even stand straight now! hehe..

CHVoon: hahaa...i see. that's cool, met a lot of chinese here too. lol. yea, i am so going to be very fat. LOL.

Mei Teng: yea...unfortunately. Yeap, has been working for a while already, 8 months. :P