Monday, January 17, 2011

First time at work!

Few weeks ago, when I was told to be the "representative" to the client office, I was super nervous and didn't know what to do as it was my first time.

Even though I followed my manager few times to the client office before, there are (yes, even until today) still a lot of unknowns to me. Besides, I have to go to the office ALONE! That's the most nerve cracking thing that can happen right?

After few weeks of attending, everything was smooth and there weren't much things going on (actually nothing happened throughout the two weeks). So I was pretty relaxed and cool.

But things changed over the weekend! Some equipment failure happened and today was a super happening day in the client office and my own office! Plenty of emails and calls and yea, plenty of angry expressions as well! (from the client of course).

And WOW! What a day! There were so many things going on (for example making international calls and answering my cell phone at the same time? and also completing a report in a day!) and I suppose the same thing will go on for few days until the whole operation was over. Dear Lord, I need strength, but also thank God for the precious chance for me to learn.

Plenty of first times. How about you? How was your first responsibility at work like? :)

9 comments:

Clint said...

Of course, the first time we are under pressure to perform, we are naturally nervous. The unknown is always difficult.

But truly, I have learned that if we keep cool, communicate calmly and factually and consistently do what we say we will do, we will grow and prosper.

You sound like you are very conscientious and dependable. YOU WILL BE FINE! Blessings, my friend.

[SK] said...

well, i guess that's exactly the same everyone would have gone through.. i can't remember how many hundreds of times i have dealt with such situation before, and i am still doing that!! anyway, treat that as your learning cycle and you'd feel better.. all the best :)

wenn said...

soon it will become as easy as abc.

Jim said...

my first time...

suituapui said...

Yup...as Clint says, you'll be fine. Just have to dive straight in and get the feel of things... Good luck!

P.S. When's your first pay check? Can treat me to dinner when I go to KL. Wink! Wink! LOL!!!

iamthewitch said...

I have got used to handling situations alone now... after years of experience! Trust me, after a while, this is nothing to you. But the learning experience is indeed valuable!

CH Voon said...

everyone has their first time.

Good luck and be patient + patient + responsibly.

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Gabriel said...

Clint: yeap, thank you for your kind advices. I hope I will do fine! :)God bless. :)

SK:learning never ends huh? thanks! all the best to you too. blessings!

Wenn:haha...i hope so. need more practice and experiences. :)

Jim: what? given to who? :P

STP:hahha, yea. thanks! first pay check passed long time ago. sure! when are you coming? :)

iamthewitch:thanks senior! hahaa...it takes time to be used to it. hehe..

CHVoon: thank you! all the best to you too. hehe...

Steve: thanks! sure. :)