Sunday, May 2, 2010

LED Rope Lights

During my high school time, I was involved in a school annual concert. I still remember, that time I was called to be in charge of the opening ceremony of the concert.

At first, I really got no idea of doing any montage or gimmick for the opening ceremony. So I consulted the seniors and some teachers hoping to get some constructive ideas from them. One of them suggested a cylinder gimmick with led rope lighting surrounding it and a electric static ball on top of the cylinder.

At first it sounded like a cool idea but the problem came as in where I could get any led rope lights? Besides, I had limited experience dealing with led rope light. So, I was rather contemplating about implementing the idea or not.

However, the friend suggested me to research more about it and setting up the led rope lights were not as complicated as I thought. So I took his advice and yes, it was really easy actually! I believe even any electronics amateur will know how to set those lights up without any sweat.

True enough, in the end I was able to complete the gimmick and the opening ceremony was a success!

No comments: