Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fruit Basket

I still remember during my younger days, I always visited my relatives and friends whenever I was having my holidays. Sometimes, I will stay over their houses for a couple of nights to spend time with the friend or my cousins. Somehow, I am the type that like to hang out at people’s houses rather than own house. Perhaps I like the fellowship and spending time, but I do think I need to spend more time with family as well.

Even so, my mother never discouraged me from visiting my friends or relatives; she didn’t mind me spending a couple of nights in my friend’s or relative’s houses as well. But, she would always remind me to bring some present or gifts to the house as an act of manner and respect. According to her, this is a way of showing appreciation to the people we visiting.

But then, I always find it a bit challenging as I don’t really know what kind of gifts I should bring as I am not the gifts-type of person. Anyhow, mothers will always be mothers and they always offer good advices. She told me to bring fruits or sometimes Fruit Basket as they are appropriate and not too luxurious or expensive. Maybe you should try it out too.

No comments: