Monday, January 19, 2009

Thank God for the day


Today is a monday, so as usual (started one month ago), i have to go to work as i am having my internship now.

when i reached office, it was around 750am, so just nice for me to have my breakfast, it's two pieces of "lobak gou" i bought from a hawker when i was on the way to office. the breakfast was nice, to start off my day, which i thought would be another normal day.

then, the climax came. after i finished, not even got the time to take out tissue to wipe my mouth and throw away the plastic bag, an engineer approached me.

" eh, hari tu tak bagi balik dongle ya?" he said.

**(dongle is a thumbdrive shape license for softwares in my company, in order to open the software a dongle is needed. and the word "dongle" is actually the official name. lol.the sample of illustration can refer to below.)


the illustration of the dongle, copy righted k? hehe ( pardon me for the poor photoshopping skill, did it in like less than 3 minutes)


"huh? dah bagi kan? tak ka?" me replied.

"eh, tak ler, hari tu nak cari kau sebab tak dapat dongle, tapi kau dah balik dah."the enginner said.

i was caught by surprise, and quickly searched around my cubicle and my bag for the dongle. yea, the dongle is a very small thing, and it's just license maybe u all say. but the penalty of losing it is the cost of the software(cause the company would need to buy a new one in order to get the dongle), which cost around 15 thousand. a lot of zeros there, and definitely is not an amount that i can pay. besides, by losing that thing, i would have get my internship terminated and ultimately an F for internship.


so tell me, am i supposed to feel scared? i think so. lol.


i searched, flip over every corner of my cublicles, the books, the files, the drawers, the cupboard, nothing. not even a red thing. lol...i was so nervous at that time, and the engineer is as scared or even more scared than me ( cause he is something like my trainer so he is the direct person responsible for the software, so...i dunno what would happen to him). and my so called emotionless face seems like make him more nervous.


so quietly, i sat down and thought things over(aiseh, so much action). and suddenly, ding ding. i went and told the engineer, " i think i go back home a while, see got o not". he said" ok ok, a while only right?".


so i left. it's not a while, from my office to my room needs like half an hour, so will take like more than an hour for me to get back.


on the way back, there were very few people ( of course, pass the office hour ad), and i was more or less like alone in the train. then i prayed,


" Father, i have just lost a dongle, a very important thing, i am not sure of the consequences and i really dunno what to do now. i just pray that You will take care of the things and be with me. In Jesus Christ's name, Amen."

a very simple, but direct prayer i guess(it has all the points there, lol). at that time, frankly, my heart beat was normal, body temperature also normal, and i almost fell asleep in the train(=.="...)


as i walked back, my brain was a bit blank and i start to feel...erm, i think nothing also. dunno how to describe, just can say it's unexpectably calm and peaceful, no sweat also...lol...


when i reached my room, i found my shirt that i wore last friday(okay, dun judge me, i wash my clothes like once in a week, no time ma....). i put my hand into the pocket, FUIYO! the dongle was there, shining in red, hinting danger.



i was like, THANK GOD FOR THE DONGLE, and also for not washing my shirts that frequently(see...got benefit one).


so i rushed back my office. all the way, i was so grateful and kept thanking God for His protection and faithfulness. i was so happy(yet nvr show on my face, i think my face muscle got some problem...).

and when i got back my office, the engineer saw me, and he was like, THANK GOD...hehe...but different god i think.


what a wonderful day huh? i guess...


but the story not yet end....even though i found back the dongle, but obviously the engineer and also my supervisor were not happy about that because of my mistake. sigh...at first they were happy because i was quite proactive in learning things, including the software itself...but now, i kinda destroy eveything myself. so kinda feel, sigh, sendiri cari pasal. the engineer like mentioned about the almost-missing-dongle in front of me so many times in a day, making me feel quite guilty. what to do, i am at fault.


but then, through today's incident, i believe Gos is telling me how true He is. so, i am sure i need not fear, as God is faithful and He is always there. No matter what it is, His plans are to bless me not to harm me.


Amen.



P/S: sorry for the lenghty post, guess God's blessings are so much to be shared. hehe...


2 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wow..Thank God. amen for that..
real terrifying, yeah? well, in a way, we learn lessons as we go by.. as for your case, u learn to be more cautious and responsible..
As long as God knows we r repentive, He will help us through..
wow.. that is great, huh..

Jim said...

heey gab. lol. its okay its okay. dont worry so much about it. they understand that youre a new dude in the company and people do make mistakes mah. :) anyways, NO. its not okay not to wash your baju frequently. :P haha. quickly wash, else youll need to tempt me with grand dinner next time.